Last Updated on 07-01-2023
As Covid-19 stabilizes, inbound travelers will not need to undergo 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention starting March 20, 2023. Then, those confirmed with minor cases do not need to be isolated, and family members living with them do not need 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention.
- The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan (After March 20)
- The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan (Before March 20)
- 0+7 entry restriction
- During the self-initiated epidemic prevention period
- FAQ of Quarantine policy
- Special entry requirements for people traveling from China to Taiwan
- Starting from February 20, Taiwan will open up the self-guided tour of people from Hong Kong and Macau
- If you are a business traveler, what do you need to do before entering Taiwan?
- Fines for violation of home quarantine regulations
- How do I get to my Accommodation location in Taiwan from the airport?
- Taiwan Monthly Hotel Booking Area
- Read more
- Full List of Taiwan Monthly Hotel for 2023
The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan (After March 20)
The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) announced that due to Covid-19 slow down, the 0+7 self-initiated epidemic prevention for entering passengers will be cancelled from 3/20, and there will no longer be a requirement to stay in one person per room, so people will be free to choose their own accommodation.
Is wearing a mask still mandatory in Taiwan?
Currently, you don’t need to wear a mask outdoors or indoors, except for public transportation or hospitals. However, the Central Epidemiological Command Center (CECC) confirmed on April 13 that it will stop mask mandates for public transportation on April 17. Therefore, masks will no longer be required for public transportation such as buses, MRTs and trains starting April 17, but only for medical and long-term care institutions.
What to do if you are confirmed with COVID-19 during quarantine
If you are in the period of home quarantine and feel unwell and are found to be positive after a rapid test, you can contact the Department of Health or 1922 as soon as possible and follow the instructions.
Read more: The latest guideline for the new policy of confirmed cases. What to do if you are confirmed to have Covid-19?
The latest quarantine policy for entering Taiwan (Before March 20)
The Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) has announced that quarantine policy will be further relaxed to 0+7 days of self-initiated epidemic prevention beginning October 13th 2022.
People arriving in Taiwan will not be required to do home quarantine, but will only be required to do their own 7 days of quarantine, and will be allowed to take public transportation and do their own quarantine at their homes or hotels.
Starting from March 1, rapid tests will no longer be offered free of charge to arrivals. The number of rapid tests offered to close contacts of confirmed cases will also cease.
0+7 entry restriction
Under the 0+7 entry policy which takes effect on October 13th 2022, there will be no more quarantine. However, individuals must complete seven (7) days of self-initiated epidemic prevention.
During the self-initiated epidemic prevention period
- Travelers can stay in the same residence as others, but must have their own room with a separate bathroom.
- Travelers will no longer have to request a change of location from the local government.
- A person undergoing self-initiated epidemic prevention could stay at an ordinary hotel.
- Inbound travelers who cannot meet these requirements, must stay in an epidemic prevention(quarantine) hotel.
- Travelers from China should undergo 7-day period of self-initiated prevention and take rapid tests after entry.
- At-home rapid tests: Rapid tests will no longer be offered free of charge to arrivals aged 2 years and older.
Taiwan’s 0+7 entry restriction guideline :
The day of arrival counts as Day 0. A seven-day period of self-initiated epidemic prevention will be required.
Epidemic prevention rules to follow during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period:
- Arriving travelers will no longer be required to make a health declaration on the Quarantine System for Entry before arrival and to have a mobile phone with a Taiwanese number.
- The COVID-19 Health Declaration and Home Quarantine Notice will no longer be issued to arriving travelers.
- Electronic fencing and monitoring measures will be suspended, and home quarantine designation will no longer be marked in the National Health Insurance system. Home quarantine services from local governments will also be suspended.
- In principle, arriving travelers should stay at home or a residence of a friend or family member or a hotel room that meets the requirement of “one person per room” (with a private bathroom) in the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.
- During the self-initiated epidemic prevention period, arriving travelers should avoid coming into contact with persons who have a high risk of developing severe COVID-19 (including elderly people 65 and older, children under 6, and individuals who are immunocompromised or have a weak immune system).
- Arriving travelers should rest at home if they experience symptoms. If they don’t experience symptoms, a negative result from an at-home rapid test taken within two days is required before they go out, go to work, or attend school. They should wear a mask at all times when outside.
- Arriving travelers can dine alone or with specific persons in a restaurant if they need to eat when outside. They should immediately put on a mask when they leave their seat or finish eating. They can temporarily remove their mask when dining and should put on their mask after finishing their meal.
- Arriving travelers cannot visit or stay with a hospitalized individual in a hospital. Non-urgent medical services or examinations should be postponed. Arriving travelers should avoid going to long-term care facilities.
- Those with COVID-19 who have mild symptoms can receive home care at an enhanced quarantine hotel/government quarantine facility or the place where they undergo self-initiated epidemic prevention (general hotel not included).
- When to use rapid tests:
- Symptoms develop during this period.
- The test results will not be recorded. Arriving travelers should follow the Self-initiated Epidemic Prevention Guidelines if they test positive with a rapid test.
- In consideration of the age limit on who can use at-home rapid test kits, children under two years of age will not be required to take rapid tests during the self-initiated epidemic prevention period.
Book your 0+7 Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention Hotel
Although staying in a regular hotel is fine during the 0+7 period, not all hotels will accept guests during this period. Inbound travelers need to call and ask yourself. The following hotels accept 0+7 guests.
FAQ of Quarantine policy
Special entry requirements for people traveling from China to Taiwan
From January 1st-31st, 2023, travelers arriving in Taiwan through direct flights from China (apart from Hong Kong and Macau) are required to complete a health declaration form and undergo a saliva-based PCR test at the airport after landing. Passengers should return to their residence after undergoing the PCR test to engage in a seven-day period of self-initiated prevention and take COVID-19 tests throughout that time. If they have no symptoms or just have minor ones, people who test positive for COVID-19 must begin a five-day isolation; those who have more severe symptoms must call the 1922 hotline to arrange for transportation to a hospital.
NB: A negative polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test within 48 hours of boarding their flight at the place of departure, or a negative rapid antigen test within 24 hours of boarding their flight at the place of departure, will be required of passengers from China transiting through Hong Kong or Macau beginning on January 6.
Starting from February 20, Taiwan will open up the self-guided tour of people from Hong Kong and Macau
Starting from February 20, Taiwan will open up the self-guided tour of people from Hong Kong and Macau and remove the restriction of 5 persons in a tour. Hong Kong and Macao residents can also apply for temporary stay permits through “Hong Kong and Macau residents apply online for temporary stay permit (online visa).”
If you are a business traveler, what do you need to do before entering Taiwan?
This article contains information on the latest quarantine policy and the types of business visas and how to apply for them.
Read more: Business travelers to Taiwan: visa application, quarantine regulations, eligibility, work permit guideline.
Fines for violation of home quarantine regulations
- According to Article 58 of the Communicable Disease Control Act, any person who falsifies this notice will be fined ranging from NT 10,000 to 150,000.
- Those who fail to arrange a quarantine place will be fined NT$50,000 or more.
- Violators of home quarantine requirements will be fined ranging from NT 100,000 to 1,000,000.
How do I get to my Accommodation location in Taiwan from the airport?
Tripool Private Car Reservation Service
Tripool provides professional, safe and smoke-free drivers for you at any time, regardless of Taipei, New Taipei, Taichung, Hsinchu, Miaoli, Tainan, Changhua, Kaohsiung, Pingtung…etc., Tripool will pick you up from the airport to the quarantine location directly.
Before the reservation, you can estimate the fare on the tripool website,
the price be shown will be the total price, and you will know the cost of the trip right away.
- Transparent pricing, except for additional services, there will be no hidden charges
- 24-hour shuttle service available throughout Taiwan
- Free cancellation/change before 12:00 noon the day before departure (excluding rush orders)
- Rush orders can be completed in four hours during weekday working hours, and it is recommended that appointments be made before 5:00 p.m. the evening before.
💡Friendly reminder: It is recommended to book the pick up service 1 hour after the plane has landed. The driver will wait for free for the first 30 minutes if passengers are late.
Can be picked up by family members or friends
As of September 1st 2022, arriving passengers could be picked up by family, friends, or agency group vehicles and be transported to their accommodation location.
Taiwan Monthly Hotel Booking Area
Currently all inbound passengers are free to choose their accommodation.
Travelers looking to book the Self Initiated Epidemic Prevention Hotels in Taiwan can visit mrhost website.
They offer a wide range of hotels to suit varying budgets and preferences. They have a dedicated customer service team available if you have any questions or need to reserve a hotel.
- 7 days of self-health management regulations guidelines, what should you do after the quarantine?
- The latest guideline for the new policy of confirmed cases. What to do if you are confirmed to have Covid-19?